Translate

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Module 4 Reflection


 Write a one-page reflection paper to describe this week's learning. What can you observe about your own learning? Do you see patterns in the way you approach challenges? How did you ultimately overcome this week's challenges? What lessons have you learned about yourself that may be useful in future situations?
Reflecting back on Module 4, the learning objective of this module was geared towards evaluation modules and data sources. In simple terms evaluation modules are supposed to be used as tools intended to help reach desired goals. In this week's reading, I noticed that having the correct professional personality will help with the process of collecting data and evaluating a program.  Thinking back on module two I was taught to elaborate on my evaluation target and how to develop a problem statement. Understanding those steps helped with moving forward with Module 3 understanding a Logic Model. During this module, I developed a visual representation for my program Advancing Opportunities.  Being introduced to these modules will be very conducive to my final research. 
The lesson that I have learned about myself is to pay attention to detail when I approach challenges. "Theory of Change, explains how the design, development, and deployment of intervention including all associated activities will bring about desired results (Spector and Yuen 2016, p.95). This statement will help in the future because it will help prepare me to make important steps to get the process started for future situations. When getting started I know to ask myself questions like " What resources are needed?", "How is the change going to take place?", "What are the stages, phases, or steps that will occur?". Questions like these can begin the start of new research, and to also help solve problems or problem symptoms. 
The patterns that I see myself making when approaching challenges is overworking myself, and not figuring out the correct formula to solve my problems. Often times not starting with the correct evaluation steps can result in wasted funding, wasted time, and or not measuring accurately what needs to be evaluated. As the course 7501 progresses, I will further be able to build all the steps to becoming successful. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Reflection

 What can you observe about your own learning? Do you see patterns in the way you approach challenges? How did you ultimately overcome this ...